The Servant Borrower: What the Bible Says About Financial Bondage and Debt
October 20, 2016
Financial bondage is something many of us struggle with, but what are God’s answers to financial burdens? Being on shaky financial ground can be one of the most frustrating, disheartening and overwhelming places to be. You may constantly be consumed with trying to maneuver the resources you have. Examples of financial bondage can include: Overdue […]
A Brief History of Money: What’s Your Take?
October 11, 2016
You may not want to admit it but we can’t live without money. It’s just that important. Even though it may be old and crumpled paper vegging inside your wallet, it has a great history. Great as it may be, the history of money as it pertains to your understanding and perceptions is what’s important.
Money is very old, has been with us for a long time and almost every century it changes its look and value. The first ever money originated in Mesopotamia where money was made from seashells and beads. But back then, it was used as a simple form of trading.
Before money, people used trading as the primary means of exchange rather than paper money and coins. Instead, they bartered. Today, jewelry such as gold, copper and silver, are used to decorate ourselves but hundreds of years ago it was also used as money. Today, when we go to the store to buy something we don’t exchange physical goods, we use paper and coins.
5 ways money shapes the way we do things:
1. Depending on the country, money is called by many names. In the United States or Australia it is called dollars. In London, we call it pounds, and in the Philippines, we call it pesos. But most of the time, we just call it dollars.
Forex traders use different currencies to make even more money. They try and profit from speculating and making certain bets on market movements. For other investors and business owners, money is treated as a tool to acquire assets and generate passive income, the key to financial freedom.
2. Money in today’s world also has different value. For example, one dollar is equivalent to about eight rand in South Africa. So if we earned one hundred dollars and flew to South Africa and exchanged the dollars into rands the total will be eight hundred rand.
No one every dreams about what currency they are going to become a millionaire in. They just dream of becoming a millionaire! A million dollars or rand or pounds in the bank may be a worthy financial goal to achieve and many people work very hard to ensure that happens.
But a monthly passive income ultimately defines how you live your day-to-day life. First define your ultimate standard of living in your own currency and then determine how much passive income you need every month to realize the lifestyle you would like. Finally, ensure you put a plan into place to make it all happen.
3. Money has different meanings. If you value the history of money, it’s seen as a means of buying things or a reason for living. It’s sought to extract the pleasures out of life, buy cars like Ferraris or VIP concert tickets to Katy Perry or Maroon 5 and to maintain a good standard of living.
For others, money is treated as a reward for doing great things, by starting businesses and servicing mankind with innovative products and services. In which group do you fall? Is your goal to chase money or generate an income through doing what you love?
4. Money is two faced. The good side is that we can send our children to the best schools, start charities, make donations and help other people. We can save lives by building fancy hospitals, hire the best surgeons and start global initiatives like the World Food Programme. Using money for these things makes us feel good, can excite us and motivate one to do great things with money.
The bad side about money being two faced is not the money, but the love for it. You know the saying, ‘money corrupts’. It can ‘tempt’ people to do the wrong things and sometimes drive people to do criminal acts. Apparently, money is one of the major reasons for divorce in countries like the U.S. and South Africa (don’t quote me on this). Money can destroy relationships, create jealousy and push people into clinical depression.
How will you manage the two faces of money?
5. Money is difficult to understand, or so the thinking goes. People often stray away from the topic of finances and leave it for the accountants and bankers to worry about which is unfortunately when it forms such an integral part of ones life. It’s one of those grey boxes that gets tucked away in the garage, never to be opened again, or relegated to the desk of a perceived financial expert.
Don’t under-estimate your abilities. Understanding finances and the world of wealth creation can open up a great deal of opportunity for you. By ignoring it, your life may be filled with mediocrity. Money is a tool that enhances the quality of life. See it for what it is.
Money shapes our perceptions, has value, and is a powerful tool that wields influence. It can be used for good and bad. It can change your life and make it perfect. It can also keep you trapped if you adopt the wrong mindset.
The topic of money requires you to have a plan, so make one! Money requires one! You can stick to what generations before you have done, work and earn, or rewrite the history books, live and earn.
Healing Your Money Pain As a Woman Coach
October 3, 2016
Would you ignore your physical pain symptoms? Would you let them persist day after day, week after week and month after month, without going to seek medical advice? Would you ignore pain that you were feeling in your body or would you want to get healed? The thing about pain is this… even if you do ignore the symptoms that doesn’t mean the pain will magically go away. And even if you don’t acknowledge the pain, that does not mean that the pain doesn’t exist.
Now what about money pain? Pain related to money might not make you feel physically ill, but what about it causing money stress? What about it paralyzing your cash flow or causing you to feel discouraged, empty or frustrated? Money related pain is real and it causes a lot of complications.
Money pain is a way of thinking that does not align with what you want to see financially manifest in your life. It makes you feel like you are not as valuable as other women coaches, and it makes you feel like you can’t charge what you desire and deserve. Are you having money pain symptoms such as feeling guilty when your fees come up with a prospective client, attracting non-ideal clients who drain your energy and zap your coaching zeal, or constantly charging less that you know you desire and deserve, because you have low money self-esteem?
If you are experiencing the symptoms of money pain, just like physical pain, they will not magically go away. And just like physical pain if you don’t take care of your money related pain it can lead to major complications, only instead of physical complications you will have financial complications, and that can lead to a financial crisis.
As an amazing woman coach you deserve to have money confidence, increased personal wealth and increased self-worth. Your personal wealth is how you view yourself, and it is directly connected to your financial wealth, and your self-worth. We all have a money past, and we all have a money story. Some are good and some are not so good. If our money past is not good unfortunately it causes us to have a damaged relationship with money, and having a damaged relationship with money causes money to flow away from us instead of toward us.
It is important to heal from money pain by identifying your money pain points. These hidden money pain points trigger unfavorable money results. Too many women coaches are not even aware that she even has money pain points. She may know that she struggles with charging a desirable fee, keeps attracting the wrong client type, and continues to repel the wealth mindset, but she continues to go through life unknowing that her money pain points are causing her to subconsciously struggle financially.
As a woman coach money healing must happen from the inside out. It has to start with transformation in your heart and soul. Once you begin to work on heart and soul transformation you can see money start to show up in your business and bank account. I am passionate about empowering women to heal from money pain, because I lived with the symptoms of money pain for years, and it wasn’t until I became healed that I began to see my life, business and money shift in the right direction.
Financial Advice – Financial Tips For Future Security
September 25, 2016
The past few years have been very rough on the global economy and many people who thought that they had set aside enough money in savings accounts, retirement funds and public investments were shocked to learn that all that hard work can disappear in an instant when you lose your job or the market tanks. If you are interested in being somewhat financially secure no matter what is happening on the stock market, you have to implement some financial strategies that have been proven to work over and over again. Realize that planning for your future is not something that can be accomplished in a week or a month but rather you have to work at it every day.
One of the most important financial tips that you can learn and remember is that it is always better to be a saver than a spender. Of course, every family has needs for material things that must be met, however, it is always better to spend some time thinking about the things that you need and the things that you want, and how different they really are. Those families that choose to spend their money wisely, and only on the things they absolutely need are usually the ones that survive the best when unexpected expenses come around.
Another financial tip that you should always keep in mind is that in both your professional and personal lives, it is always advantageous to have a budget. The personal budget is a way to keep track of all the money you earn and how much of it is used for what kinds of bills and expenses. Many people complain that they don’t make enough money, when the real problem is that they simply are spending their money on the wrong things.
Finally, financial security depends on the fact that you have money saved up for a rainy day, an impromptu vacation, or a costly home repair. Many people go into debt when these things come up because they have barely been making their money stretch to fit all of the things they pay for on a regular basis. Set up a high yield savings account and start putting away fifty dollars a week, or take the small nest egg you already have an seek out some high dividend stocks that will put your money to work in a big way.
3 Home Based Business Tips to Live By
September 17, 2016
Having your very own home based business can be great. But mismanagement can always drag something awesome down to its end. Don’t let all that hard work go to waste. Make sure that you are able to keep track of the logistics of the business just like any other business would require. Here are a few home based business tips that you need to remember in order to keep that business up and running.
1. Keep all receipts of your transactions. The accounting part of a business is important in any case. This is how you know if your business is earning or going down the drain. Take into account how much your raw materials cost. If it’s a bake sale, know how much you used for flour, sugar, eggs, etc. Even the ingredients you take from your own kitchen have to be accounted for. At the end of the week (which is usually when you go out to replenish stocks) compare the sales to the initial costs. Subtract the sales from the costs in order to find out your net income. The difference reflects the total amount of money you actually made from the venture. A negative difference indicates the losses that you have incurred.
2. Make sure you start and end at a specific time frame. For manufacturing ventures, helpful home based business tips include taking into account the time you spend making the product. If its an accessory business that involves making those beaded bracelets beforehand, take into account the time spent. You don’t want to find that you have slaved over 24 hours of working time just to run the business. Balance the work and the time of rest. Being overworked at home is both bad for the business and ridiculous.
3. Another of the home based business tips is to make sure you are still having fun. Once that it feels like burden, the less your productivity will be, the less your income.