Financial Advice – Financial Tips For Future Security
September 25, 2016
The past few years have been very rough on the global economy and many people who thought that they had set aside enough money in savings accounts, retirement funds and public investments were shocked to learn that all that hard work can disappear in an instant when you lose your job or the market tanks. […]
3 Home Based Business Tips to Live By
September 17, 2016
Having your very own home based business can be great. But mismanagement can always drag something awesome down to its end. Don’t let all that hard work go to waste. Make sure that you are able to keep track of the logistics of the business just like any other business would require. Here are a few home based business tips that you need to remember in order to keep that business up and running.
1. Keep all receipts of your transactions. The accounting part of a business is important in any case. This is how you know if your business is earning or going down the drain. Take into account how much your raw materials cost. If it’s a bake sale, know how much you used for flour, sugar, eggs, etc. Even the ingredients you take from your own kitchen have to be accounted for. At the end of the week (which is usually when you go out to replenish stocks) compare the sales to the initial costs. Subtract the sales from the costs in order to find out your net income. The difference reflects the total amount of money you actually made from the venture. A negative difference indicates the losses that you have incurred.
2. Make sure you start and end at a specific time frame. For manufacturing ventures, helpful home based business tips include taking into account the time you spend making the product. If its an accessory business that involves making those beaded bracelets beforehand, take into account the time spent. You don’t want to find that you have slaved over 24 hours of working time just to run the business. Balance the work and the time of rest. Being overworked at home is both bad for the business and ridiculous.
3. Another of the home based business tips is to make sure you are still having fun. Once that it feels like burden, the less your productivity will be, the less your income.
Quick Quality How-to Business Tips to Help You Build Increase Sales
September 10, 2016
Many in business need quick, pick me ups to help from slumping sales to customer service challenges. In this book, Streetwise Business Tips, author Bob Adams realizes your time is precious so he has provided you with 200 ways to get ahead in business through this book. Each tip is on one page and only three to four paragraphs in length. No longer can you say you don’t have time to read and invest in taking your business to that next level. And who doesn’t want to grow their business?
Additionally, Adams has separate these 200 tips into 40 buckets or categories to further help you find a quick tip to an existing or potential issue. Some of these buckets include:
- Cheap Marketing Tricks
- Customer Loyalty
- Time Management
Here are some of my favorite business tips rendered down:
- The Big Secret of Business is that managers and business owners must understand and check is the answer to this question: is the marketing delivering the results?
- How to target your publicity through a compelling story, connect with the media and then follow-up.
- How to add systems and procedures because your time is valuable and others can see the details you cannot see or do not have time to see.
- How to use email for conveying facts not emotions.
- How to communicate through silence via the art of active listening.
- How meetings with purpose matter.
- How to market to existing customers first before looking for new ones.
- How complaints can be used to build business.
- How your time should be prioritized.
- How focus means you are not multitasking.
- How databases are now required more than ever before.
- How to keep direct mail simple.
- How everyone in the company is in sales and not just the sales professionals.v
- How to reduce unnecessary expenses (overhead).
- How relationships are the key to business and sales success.
- How success begins and ends in your mind.
These are just a few of the 200 different “How to Tips” scattered within this small book. Will all of these business tips apply to you or your business probably not? However, I believe at least 50% will and you may find even a few “Ah Ha” ones.
Financial Tips for 2012
September 3, 2016
Here are three investment tips going into the year 2012, a fresh year, with some new challenges and a healthy share of the same old challenges. Are you excited about the Facebook IPO, reportedly the largest initial public offering in history? Are you one of those who believe that Facebook can translate its astonishing popularity into amazing amount of revenue? Well, if you are, consider the old adage “where there’s smoke, there’s smoke”. Some experienced analysts point out that the truly astonishing aspect of the Facebook IPO is how many otherwise smart people are overlooking the similarity between Facebook’s business model and the models of the worst losers in the dot com boom. AOL comes to mind.
Tip number one: short Facebook, or at least avoid getting caught up in the excitement. In fact, apply that advice to any other equity where future revenues and growth models are more speculation than fact. Fundamentals don’t change. (That’s why they’re… called…. fundamentals.) If you haven’t already noticed, 2012 is a presidential election year. And if you haven’t noticed, the market as a whole doesn’t care for uncertainty. Elections cause uncertainty. The market hates all elections, regardless of who’s winning.
Tip number two: capitalize on that predictable replay of one of the most reliable historical patterns in the market. It’s the broad drop in October before the election, a temporary drop of about 15%. Maybe more. If you’re the kind of investor who doesn’t shy away from short-term investing, and who doesn’t mind shorting a market index fund on moral grounds, look up the history and see if you don’t agree. Going further than that, if you find yourself comfortable making an educated guess about the result of the presidential race, it’s hard to make an educated guess about which industrial sectors will benefit from partisan decisions. Decisions about energy policy, for instance. (As a side note, election seasons bring healthy revenues for media companies. Make sure those numbers don’t obscure underlying problems.) The broad American economic outlook for 2012 continues to be very mixed, and it’s not going to get any clearer any time soon.Recovery from 2008 up to this point has relied partly on the impressive performance of big financial stocks, but recent moves by state attorneys general pursuing the banks — including criminal prosecutions — are going to develop and intensify. The housing segment brings nothing but continued, extended weakness into the picture.
So there’s tip number three: unless you’re committed to the equity market, consider the bond market as an alternative in 2012, especially the state and municipal bond market. Many of them are due for a likely uptick as their frightening budget problems clarify and stabilize this year.
Proven Internet Business Tips for All Online Entrepreneurs
August 25, 2016
Internet business tips are a dime a dozen today. Thousands of websites are filled with so called guru tips for Internet businesses. If you will read all the business advices available online, you might suffer from information overload.
To save you from information overload, here are some practical tips on how to make your online business more competitive and successful.
Marketing Is the Key to Your Success
If you have an online business, you have to give more weight to online marketing. That is because marketing can make or break your business. You have to bear in mind that your online business will never succeed if you can not attract people to take your offer.
You have to start your marketing efforts the moment you build a business website. Use all marketing tools available for you. You can compete in the search war or you could engage in Pay per Click advertising. It is also ideal to explore article marketing or flooding the web with press releases. There are many tools available for you. All you need to do is adopt one or several marketing methods to magnetize customers to your website.
Provide Value for Your Customers
Giving value to your target market is one of the most common Internet business tips that you can find today. That is because online consumers are very picky. If you can not provide value to them, then they will immediately look for better alternatives.
You have to make sure that your products and services can answer the unique needs of your target market. If you provide a solution to other people’s problems, then you are creating value for them. This could mean massive sales for you.
It is also unproductive to simply push your products to consumers. You need to pre-sell your products and services by providing accurate information to your customers. Give details about your products and underscore the benefits that you offer. Through effective pre-selling, more people will be encouraged to do business with you.
These are the two crucial Internet business tips for all online entrepreneurs. Providing value for consumers and adopting a solid marketing strategy are key elements that will determine your online success.